Welcome to Thriving-Baby-Boomers – A Whole person approach to wellness
“Empowering others to take a balanced approach to their own health and wellness by focusing on all aspects of the whole person.’
“Focusing on the whole person to maximize health and wellness for life.”
The BodyTalk System was developed in the 1990s by Dr. John Veltheim, an Australian chiropractor, acupuncturist, and teacher. Development of this treatment method include Veltheim’s postgraduate studies in kinesiology, bioenergetic psychology, sports medicine, and counselling.
In 2000, Dr. Veltheim and his wife Esther founded the International BodyTalk Association. Today, the BodyTalk System is practiced by over 200 instructors in over 50 countries around the world.
Therapists who practice BodyTalk use a number of techniques, all of which are non-invasive, to help those in treatment tap into the body’s natural system of healing.
BodyTalking is sometimes described as acupuncture without needles, purports to listen to the body, engage its ability to heal itself, and enhance communication between bodily systems.
Practitioners of the method, known as BodyTalkers, seek to discover which parts of the body’s “electrical system” are malfunctioning. They then make contact with specific points across the body, using their hands to “make repairs.” Tapping, breathing, and other forms of touch are used to stimulate the brain to employ natural healing procedures. The resulting effect is believed to improve the energy balance within the body.
The approach is based on the following principles:
- The body can heal itself
- Stress impacts overall health
- The body communicates via energetic circuitry
The process of BodyTalk can be broken down into these three steps, the “ABCs” of BodyTalk:
- Ask: Practitioners pay attention to what the body is doing in order to decipher information. They “ask” the body questions and get answers by observing how various muscles tense and relax.
- Balance:After gathering information about the needs of the body, BodyTalkers chart and prioritize several ways to bring balance to the body and mind. Techniques such as tapping of the head and chest are used to signal the brain and heart to prepare to heal and restructure.
- Communication:The final phase of the process attempts to re-link the systems in the body and repair any lines of communication that have been compromised. Tapping focuses on various points throughout the body, including what are known as the “energy circuits.”
My Experience with BodyTalk
I was a ‘subject’ for a friend who was in training to become a certified BodyTalk practitioner, and had several sessions. The sessions were relaxing enough, and I experienced ‘energy shift,’ but again, I never experienced any great ‘healing.’
Whether you think ‘energy healing’ is all a bunch of hokum, there is a lot of scientific evidence that goes back several decades, even centuries that point to energy within and all around us. Think Nikola Tesla, quantum physics, or even going back to ancient wisdom teachings and theology or religion.
Some energy modalities are easy to learn and some are more complicated. Some can be self-administered and others are generally administered by a certified practitioner. Some are fairly inexpensive; others cost a lot of money either for training or receiving the treatment. It’s up to you to seek out and see which one(s) work for you.
Disclaimer: Certain ideas about energy healing really resonate with me, but yet, when I tried them I didn’t get the results that others were getting, therefore I cannot and will not say that any one modality is the end-all, be-all. (Please consult your own health care provider to find out what is best for you.)
I will explain to you my understanding and my practices, but I know from trial and error that what works for me may or may not work for you…
Other Energy Modalities I’ve tried:
- Body Code
- Energy Modalities that begin with ‘E
- EFT – Emotional Freedom Techniques®
- Emotion Code
- Healing Touch
- Energy Modalities that begin with ‘R’
- Tai Chi
- Tesla Metamorphosis
- The Healing Codes
Return to Energy Healing
Return to Alternative Medicine
Return to Home
Copyright © 2012 – 2020 thriving-baby-boomers.com. All rights reserved.
This website is for information purposes only and is not intended to be, or to serve as, a substitute for legal, financial, or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek professional advice.