Welcome to Thriving-Baby-Boomers – A Whole person approach to wellness
“Empowering others to take a balanced approach to their own health and wellness by focusing on all aspects of the whole person.’
“Focusing on the whole person to maximize health and wellness for life.”
Physical Well-being for Baby Boomers
Physicality encompasses the material world; our bodies – internally, externally and structurally. Physical well-being doesn’t just include physical movement, but also includes everything one puts in, and on one’s body.
- Do you get enough sleep, rest, exercise, and nutrition?
- Do you go to health-care professionals: doctor, dentist, chiropractor, and/or naturopath?
- Do you have a lot of energy, or do you just get by?
- Do you know how much your thoughts affect your physical well-being?
I will include the following topics addressing Physical well-being for baby boomers using whole-body wellness (food, exercise, nutrition) on this website:
- Alternative Health Treatments
- Exercise Equipment
- Food Additives to Avoid – AKA MSG
- Spiritual Tools
- Weight Maintenance
The Whole Person Wheel
I was first introduced to the concept of the Whole Person Wheel in the early ‘90s when I was taking a Personal Empowerment course. At that time we were given a black and white handout similar to the whole person wheel below. We were asked to colour in each pie section according to how full we felt it was; needless to say, my pie chart was very flat on the area designated ‘physical well-being.’
I’ve always been overweight, starting from a very young age. At times throughout my life, I’ve attempted, in fits and starts, to improve my physical well-being always giving up in discouragement. Now that I’m in mid-life, and having some major health challenges, I am beginning to take my health and fitness much more seriously.
I’m not a ‘jock’ by any stretch of the imagination, and I do not believe in the philosophy of ‘no pain, no gain,’ therefore I’m not willing to experience a lot of pain to improve my health and fitness. I prefer a much gentler approach. There are many ‘gentle’ approaches with huge benefits, such as tai chi, QiGong, AquaFit, and walking.
I have created essays about my favourite forms of ‘gentle exercise, you can find the links below.
- DDR – Dance, Dance Revolution
- Tai Chi as Energy Healing
- Vibration Machines
Books on Health, Food & Cooking That I Recommend
Please click on a link to read my review of the book
- Raw Food: a complete guide for every meal of the day by Erica Palmcrantz Aziz, Irmela Lilja
- Compulsive Overeater: The Basic Text for Compulsive Overeaters by Bill B.
- The Overeater’s Journal by Debbie Danowski
- Eating for Energy: transforming your life through living plant-based whole foods by Yuri Elkaim, BPHE, CK, RHN
- The Complete Book of Fasting by Jason Fung
- The Obesity Code by Jason Fung
- Ultrametabolism Cook Book: 200 delicious recipes that will turn on your fat-burning DNA by MD Mark Hyman
- Ultrametabolism: a simple plan for automatic weight loss by MD Mark Hyman
- Eating Alive: prevention through good digestion by Dr. Jonn Matsen, N.D.
- Eating Alive II by Dr. Jonn Matsen, N.D.
- 17-Day Diet: a doctors plan for rapid results by Dr. Mike Moreno
- Slimming Meals That Heal (anti-inflammatory) by Julie Nailuk, R.H.N.
- The Wellness Book by John Randolph Price
- The Makers’ Diet by Jordin Rubin
- Simply Keto by Suzann Ryan
- The Hippocrates Diet and Health Program by Ann Wigmore
- Cleanse to Heal by Anthony William
This site is all about Thriving in all aspects of one’s life – and as I share my journey, I hope you will find just one nugget of hope and inspiration that you can use to Thrive in your own life.
STANDARD DISCLOSURE: For me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note, that I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with my ideals and I believe would be of value to my readers.
Please sign up to stay connected with Thriving Baby-Boomers
Copyright © 2012 – 2022 thriving-baby-boomers.com. All rights reserved.
This website is for information purposes only and is not intended to be, or to serve as, a substitute for legal, financial, or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek professional advice.