Welcome to Thriving-Baby-Boomers – A Whole person approach to wellness
“Empowering others to take a balanced approach to their own health and wellness by focusing on all aspects of the whole person.’
“Focusing on the whole person to maximize health and wellness for life.”
Mental Well-Being For Baby-Boomers
Mental well-being is as equally important as physical well-being… if not more so.
Our mental well-being is determined by how we think about ourselves, our lives, and the world around us. Our thoughts determine how we feel about ourselves and our lives, and how we feel determines how we experience life.
Your Thoughts Create Your Reality
Our self-esteem is substantially influenced by our childhood environment. I was not provided with a positive, loving, nurturing environment, so this is an area I’ve really had to work at throughout my life to overcome and ‘re-write’ my thought processes. But first, I had to become aware of my thoughts before I could even attempt to change my thoughts, beliefs and feelings.
These thoughts and feelings affect:
Low self-esteem affects many areas of one’s life:
- A feeling of wholeness
- A fulfilled life
- A joyful life
- Clutter Control
- Communication Skills
- Life Mastery
- Life Strategies
- Personal Hygiene
- Time Management
I will also discuss ways to maximize one’s health and well-being through outlets such as:
A positive attitude and outlook can and will create a positive experience; as the old adage goes, “like attracts like.”
Books I Recommend For Mental Well-Being
Please feel free to click on a link to my review of the book:
- Alcoholics Anonymous: The Story of How Many Thousands of Men and Women Have Recovered from Alcoholism (4th Edition) by Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc.
- Compulsive Overeater: The Basic Text for Compulsive Overeaters by Bill B.
- How to Raise Your Self-Esteem: the Proven Action-Oriented Approach to Greater Self-Respect and Self-Confidence by Nathaniel Branden
- The Science of Successful Living: the spiritual formula for a joyous life by Raymond Charles Barker
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
- I Ain’t Much Baby But I’m All I’ve Got by Jess Lair, Ph.D.
- The Power of Your Subconscious Mind, by Dr. Joseph Murphy
- The Superbeings by John Randolph Price
- Notes from a Friend: a quick and simple guide to taking charge of your life by Anthony Robbins
- What I Know For Sure by Oprah Winfrey
Copyright © 2012 – 2020 thriving-baby-boomers.com. All rights reserved.
This website is for information purposes only and is not intended to be, or to serve as, a substitute for legal, financial, or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek professional advice.