Welcome to Thriving-Baby-Boomers – A Whole person approach to wellness
“Empowering others to take a balanced approach to their own health and wellness by focusing on all aspects of the whole person.’
“Focusing on the whole person to maximize health and wellness for life.”
For someone who has been plagued by depression most of my life, I find that the BEST medicine to stave off depression is to literally count my blessings.
This is a practice I’ve done off and on for probably twenty or twenty-five years – when in a pinch and feeling depression setting. Now it is part of my daily routine.
At times, I have had a special notebook set aside where I would write a minimum of five things every morning that I am grateful for. Some of the things that I write about are waking up and feeling rested because of my wonderful memory foam bed, or knowing the Infinite Wisdom and healing powers of my body. So I will write:
- I am so grateful for my wonderful bed
- I am so grateful for the Infinite Wisdom and Healing powers of my body
- I am so grateful for my nice, warm, safe home
- I am so grateful for an abundance of healthy food in my cupboards
- I am so grateful for my loving family and friends
Gratitude Posts on Facebook
I use Facebook – a lot – probably too much. But I try to use it for good.
For the last few years I have been posting a Daily Gratitude. I initially started my gratitude posts to stave off depression as it was heading into the winter season with grey days and less sunshine; I was also at the beginning stages of grieving a friendship that I chose to walk away from.
Sometimes this is just like the above-mentioned gratitude, other times I use prompts such as “3 things that begin with ‘A’” – up through the alphabet. Other times I will have a picture posted with it for a 30-day or two-month gratitude challenge. Occasionally my friends chime in with their own gratitude posts for the day.
I’ve had private messages and emails from Facebook friends telling me how much it means to them to read these daily posts.
And recently I have started adding the word ‘appreciate’ to my gratitude posts because in the world of economics, to appreciate is to increase in value.
What are you grateful for? How do you express it?
Spiritual Books That I Recommend
Click on a link to read my book review
- Getting into the Vortex, by Abraham-Hicks
- Getting in the Gap: Making Conscious Contact with God Through Meditation (Book & CD), by Wayne Dyer
- Wishes Fulfilled: Mastering The Art Of Manifesting by Wayne Dyer
- Man’s Search for Meaning, by Viktor Frankl
- The Power of your Subconscious Mind, by Dr. Joseph Murphy
- The Moses Code: The Most Powerful Manifestation Tool In The History Of The World by James F. Twyman
Return to Emotional Well-Being
Copyright © 2012 – 2019 thriving-baby-boomers.com. All rights reserved.
This website is for information purposes only and is not intended to be, or to serve as, a substitute for legal, financial, or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek professional advice.