Welcome to Thriving-Baby-Boomers – A Whole person approach to wellness
“Empowering others to take a balanced approach to their own health and wellness by focusing on all aspects of the whole person.’
“Focusing on the whole person to maximize health and wellness for life.”
Emotional Well-Being for Baby Boomers
An online dictionary defines Emotional Health as:
“A state of emotional and psychological well-being in which an individual is able to use his or her cognitive and emotional capabilities, function in society, and meet the ordinary demands of everyday life.”
In other words, emotional health is the ability to Thrive in life!
As we can see from the above-mentioned definition, our thoughts are closely related to our emotional well-being.
These affect many areas of life including:
- One’s sense of Community
Who Thinks for You?
Are you really in control of your thoughts, or do you mostly react Sub-consciously as a result of old, out-dated, maybe even false beliefs about yourself and the world you live in?
I didn’t come from a very loving and positive family; the messages that I heard the most were that ‘life is hard, it is a struggle,’ and my paternal grandmother’s favorite saying was, ‘life is a hard row to sow.’
Once I became aware that I have a choice, and I can change my thinking I began to explore all the ways that I could create a better reality and better experience for myself.
My thinking is probably the biggest area that I have to consciously and constantly be aware of and try to over-write old, false beliefs that I have come to pick up throughout the years.
Throughout this website I offer support systems and tools that can maintain and improve one’s emotional health. Please check them out.
Other resources: (outside links)
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Access Consciousness
- EFT – Emotional Freedom Technique (The Tapping Solution)
- Emotions Anonymous
- Tesla Metamorphosis
Books That Helped Me improve my Thoughts & Emotional Health
Please click on a link to read my review of the book
- Alcoholics Anonymous: The Story of How Many Thousands of Men and Women Have Recovered from Alcoholism (4th Edition) by Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc.
- Compulsive Overeater: The Basic Text for Compulsive Overeaters by Bill B.
- How to Raise Your Self-Esteem: the Proven Action-Oriented Approach to Greater Self-Respect and Self-Confidence by Nathaniel Branden
- The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: A Practical guide to the fulfillment of your dreams by Deepak Chopra
- The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff
- I Ain’t Much Baby – But I’m All I’ve Got by Jess Lair, PhD
- What I know For Sure by Oprah Winfrey
As Abraham Lincoln once said, “people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.”
Today, I choose to Thrive!!!
Copyright © 2012 – 2020 thriving-baby-boomers.com. All rights reserved.
This website is for information purposes only and is not intended to be, or to serve as, a substitute for legal, financial, or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek professional advice.