Welcome to Thriving-Baby-Boomers – A Whole person approach to wellness
“Empowering others to take a balanced approach to their own health and wellness by focusing on all aspects of the whole person.’
“Focusing on the whole person to maximize health and wellness for life.”
Spiritual Tools For Baby Boomers
Here I offer a few spiritual tools that I use that have made a difference in my emotional and mental health, and well-being.
5 Spiritual Tools for Emotional and Mental Well-Being
Affirmations are best said aloud, in the present tense and you must be able to believe the words you are saying.
This is a fairly new spiritual tool to my morning Spiritual Practices routine.
For someone who has been plagued by depression most of my life, I find that the BEST medicine to stave off depression is to literally count my blessings.
There are many forms of meditation, two of which are: focusing on your breath & Guided meditation.
Writing ‘I am so happy now that…’ statements
Affirmations, Forgiveness exercises, Gratitude Journals, Meditation, and Writing ‘I am so happy now that…’ statements are just a few of the spiritual tools available to help one create new thoughts which will, in turn, create a new life. (See links below in purple for my essays on these Spiritual Tools.)
Affirmations are used to ‘make firm’ your consciousness and beliefs.
Forgiveness Exercises are a healing process in order to let go of hurt, anger and resentment in order to create a space in your heart to allow what you do want to flow into your heart and life.
Gratitude is consciously activating the principle of what ‘you focus on grows’ in a positive direction.
Meditation is a way to clear out the chatter and allow a deeper connection with the Divine Source flowing to you and through your very breath.
And finally, writing, ‘I am so happy now that…’ is the act of choosing better thoughts which in turn will, over time, help you to create a better life.
Each of these spiritual tools can help us develop better and better new thoughts which will, in turn, create a better life for ourselves.
It really is all about ‘practice, practice, practice!!’
I’m sure there are many more spiritual tools that people use, these are just five of my current favourites.
Books on Spirituality That I Recommend
Click on a link to read my book review
- Alcoholics Anonymous: The Story of How Many Thousands of Men and Women Have Recovered from Alcoholism (4th Edition) by Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc.
- Getting into the Vortex, by Abraham-Hicks
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: A Practical guide to the fulfillment of your dreams by Deepak Chopra
- Getting in the Gap: Making Conscious Contact with God Through Meditation (Book & CD), by Wayne Dyer
- Wishes Fulfilled: Mastering The Art Of Manifesting by Wayne Dyer
- Man’s Search for Meaning, by Viktor Frankl
- The Power of your Subconscious Mind, by Dr. Joseph Murphy
- The Moses Code: The Most Powerful Manifestation Tool In The History Of The World by James F. Twyman
Return to Emotional Well-Being
Copyright © 2012 – 2021 thriving-baby-boomers.com
This website is for information purposes only and is not intended to be or to serve as, a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.