Welcome to Thriving-Baby-Boomers – A Whole person approach to wellness
“Empowering others to take a balanced approach to their own health and wellness by focusing on all aspects of the whole person.’
“Focusing on the whole person to maximize health and wellness for life.”
Some of the Modern Authors in the History of the New Thought Movement
Napoleon Hill (1883 –1970)
Napoleon Hill was an American author who was one of the earliest producers of the modern genre of personal-success literature. Most famous of his writings are the Think and Grow Rich series.
Emmet Fox (1886 – 1951)
Emmet Fox was a New Thought spiritual leader of the early 20th century, famous for his large Divine Science church services held in New York City during the Great Depression.
Ernest Holmes (1887 – 1960)
(Image Source – Free Spiritual eBooks )
Ernest Holmes, the founder of Religious Science, stated that Religious Science is not based on any “authority” of established beliefs, but rather on “what it can accomplish” for the people who practice it. The Science of Mind, authored by Ernest Holmes, while based on a philosophy of being “open at the top”, focuses extensively on the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Joseph Murphy (1898 – 1981)
Joseph Murphy was an Irish born, naturalised American author and ordained in Divine Science and Religious Science… In the mid-1940s, he moved to Los Angeles, where he met Religious Science founder Ernest Holmes, and was ordained into Religious Science by Holmes in 1946… A meeting with Divine Science Association president Erwin Gregg led to him being re-ordained into Divine Science, and he became the minister of the Los Angeles Divine Science Church in 1949, which he built into one of the largest New Thought congregations in the country…. [His best-known book is called The Power of Your Subconscious Mind.]
New Thought Books I Recommend
Please click on any link to read my review
- Getting in the Gap by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
- Manifest Your Destiny by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
- Real Magic by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
- The Power of Intention by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
- Your Sacred Self by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
- Wisdom of the Ages by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
- Sermon on the Mount by Emmet Fox
- The Master Key System by Charles Francis Haanel
- You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay
- Getting Into the Vortex by Esther Hicks
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- The Science of Mind by Ernest Holmes
- Self Treatments: including The Radiant I AM by Emma Curtis Hopkins
- The Power of Your Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy
- The Edinburgh Lectures by Thomas Troward
- The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace Wattles
Return to History of New Thought
Copyright © 2012 – 2019 thriving-baby-boomers.com. All rights reserved.
This website is for information purposes only and is not intended to be, or to serve as, a substitute for legal, financial, or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek professional advice.